I have this weird feeling that my vagina doesn’t seem normal. I have two folds of skin that cover the middle of my vagina. Is this normal?

female gender symbolThe two folds of skin that you describe are likely your “labia”, which are located on the outside of your vagina and are completely normal. The medical word for these two skin folds is called the: “labia minora” or the inner labia. It is normal to have two inner labia, one on each side. The size of the labia can vary from girl to girl. Some girls have labia that may appear to completely cover the opening to the vagina; however, these skin folds should separate easily so a tampon can be inserted. Anytime you have questions about your body, it’s a good idea to talk to your primary care provider.​