Living with Endometriosis: A Conference for Teens and Families
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Sponsored by Boston Children’s Hospital Division of Gynecology and The Center for Young Women’s Health
This annual conference is an opportunity for young women ages 14-22 who have been diagnosed with endometriosis, and their families to come together for education and support.
For more information about the conference, please contact Phaedra Thomas, RN, BSN at 617-355-7712 or via email: email@example.com.
2016 Endometriosis Conference Details
Date: Saturday October 29, 2016
Cost to Attendees: $25 – individual | $50 – family
Location: Boston Children’s Hospital is located at 300 Longwood Avenue Boston, MA, 02115. Enders Auditorium is to the right of the main entrance, at 320 Longwood Avenue.
Saturday, October 29, 2016 Conference Schedule:
9:00-9:05 Opening Remarks
9:05-9:45 Welcome with guest speakers
10:00-11:15 Keynote: Endometriosis Update with Dr. Marc Laufer
11:30-12:30 Support Groups
- Managing Your Life with Endo: Teen Group A (younger teens)
- Managing Your Life with Endo: Teen Group B (older teens)
- Supporting Your Daughter: Parent Group A (parents of younger teens)
- Supporting Your Daughter: Parent Group B (parents of older teens)
- Supporting Your Family Member: Other Group
12:30-1:15 Lunch Break (pizza lunch for teens only in Byers B, parents on their own)
1:15-2:00 Parent and Teen Workshops
- Parents only – Helping Your Daughter Manage Endo Pain with Susan Sager, MD, Pain Treatment Services, BCH
- Teens only – Teen Activity
2:00-2:30 Questions and Answers with Faculty