I’ve had a weird sensation while I urinate for about a week now. I am worried. What could the problem be?

girl with hands over groinThanks for your question. Possible reasons for your symptom may include a urinary tract infection, vaginal infection or irritation of the vulva that feels uncomfortable when you pee. You should make an appointment with your health care provider (HCP) as early treatment (usually antibiotic pills and/or topical ointments) clear the infection and prevent it from getting worse. It’s important to tell your HCP if you are sexually active, as some sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can cause similar symptoms.



Read more about UTI’s here: https://youngwomenshealth.org/2013/01/02/uti/
And vaginal infections here: https://youngwomenshealth.org/2012/11/20/vaginal-infection/