We recommend letting either a parent, health care provider, teacher, or another trusted adult know that you are experiencing these thoughts. They can be helpful in giving you some extra support. It sounds like your body dissatisfaction is interfering with other parts of your life, such as your ability to enjoy certain foods or exercise in healthy amounts. This is a sign that more concerning things could be going on and it’s important to get help, as soon as possible, in order to get a better idea of what could be helpful moving forward.
- Self-Esteem and Body Image
- Is there a counselor that specializes in both stress and self-esteem?
- Lately my body image has been poor about myself. I honestly feel so ugly and it makes me sad and depressed. I honestly feel like no one will think I’m cute or even pretty, and compliments I do get I throw down. How can this feeling be stopped?
- I need help building a positive body image. Because I am skinny, lack curves, and still wear a size A. I feel like boys aren’t attracted to me. What should I do?
- My stomach sticks out but I’m not technically overweight. I’ve been doing 50 sit-ups in bed every night for about 5 months. It doesn’t seem to be helping. Should I tell my parents about my secret exercise, and how do I get rid of belly fat?