This selection of resources is for health care professionals, social workers, teachers, and other adults who work with adolescents. Many of these materials are authored by our staff here at the Center for Young Women’s Health, and others are our recommendations to you. These include health guides (ie, health articles), course materials, teaching curricula and manuals, web sites, and books.
We invite you to print out our online materials or link them to your patient information for electronic health record (EHR) summaries and give them to your patients and students. If you are interested in a more extensive use of our materials, please contact us via our permission request form. Also, please read our legal information to learn more about how you may use our website materials and services.
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Evaluating Health Information
- HPV Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- Pertussis Vaccine
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Curricula and Manuals:
- Project Healthy Lifestyle - This facilitator’s guide and curriculum for teen youth advisors and others who want to teach and motivate youth to be healthy and fit features modules on: healthy eating and bone ... read more
- Teen Safe Project - This curriculum and facilitator’s guide for health professionals and educators of teen girls ages 12-15 features modules on healthy relationships, safety in relationships, safety on the streets, and safety on ... read more
- Harvard Medical School Department of Continuing Education – The department’s mission is to optimize patient care by providing the most current information and strategies for physicians and allied health professionals. The department offers approximately 255 courses, in which over 60,000 healthcare professionals from over 70 countries have enrolled. The website features and online teaching tool, which allows HMS Faculty to come to the homes and offices of health care professionals throughout the world.
Recommended Web Sites:
- Alan Guttmacher Institute
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Boston LEAH (Leadership Education in Adolescent Health)
- CDC STD Treatment Guidelines, 2010
- North American Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Office of Adolescent Health
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
- The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- US Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2010
- US Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use, 2013
- Virtual Pediatric Hospital
- Coupey, SM. Primary Care of Adolecent Girls. Philadelphia: Hanley and Belfus, 2000.
- DiClemente, RJ, Hansen, WB and Ponton, LE. Handbook of Adolescent Health Risk Behavior. NY: Plenum Press, 1996.
- Emans, SJ, Laufer, M, and Goldstein, DP. Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. 5th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Raven, 2005.
- Greydanus, D, Patel, D, and Pratt, H. Essentials of Adolescent Medicine. McGraw-Hill Companies, 2006.
- Neinstein, LS. Adolescent Health Care: a Practical Guide. 6th edition. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 2007.
- Fisher, MM, Alderman, EA, Kreipe, RE, Rosenfield, WD. American Academy of Pediatrics textbook of adolescent health care. [Elk Grove Village, Ill.] : American Academy of Pediatrics, c2011. ISBN: 9781581102697
- Silber, TJ, Saxena, HJ, editors. Basics in adolescent medicine: a practical manual of signs, symptoms and solutions. New Jersey: World Scientific, 2014. ISBN: 9789814329538
- Kate Steinbeck, K, Kohn, M. A clinical handbook in adolescent medicine: a guide for health professionals who work with adolescents and young adults. New Jersey : World Scientific, 2013. ISBN: 9789814374033
- Sanfilippo, JS. Clinical pediatric and adolescent gynecology. New York, NY : Informa Healthcare, c2009. ISBN: 9780415448888
- Herrman, JW. Fast facts on adolescent health for nursing and health professionals: a care guide in a nutshell. New York, NY : Springer Publishing Company, LLC,  ISBN: 9780826171450
- Goldstein, MA. The MassGeneral Hospital for Children: adolescent medicine handbook. New York : Springer, c2011. ISBN: 9781441968449