I had sex ONCE, about a year ago. Do I need a Pap test?

A Pap test is usually done at age 21, unless you have special risks such as an immune problem. If you have had unprotected intercourse and you have symptoms of a vaginal infection such as a vaginal discharge that smells bad, itchiness in your vagina or vulva, and/or painful intercourse, or missed period, you should make an appointment with your health care provider (HCP).

Your HCP will check for STIs (sexually transmitted infections), and may also do a Pap test (if you’re 21 or over) at the same time.