Young women with PCOS usually have certain symptoms. The following quiz was created to help you figure out if you might have PCOS. This quiz is designed as an educational tool and is not a substitute for medical advice by your health care provider.
If you answer “yes” to 3 or more of these questions, you should make an appointment with your health care provider. Your health care provider will be able to tell if you have PCOS or whether your symptoms are caused by another condition.
- My periods come about every 2-3 months or less often.
- I get my period every 2-3 weeks.
- My acne is pretty bad.
- I have darker patches of skin on the back of my neck, under my arms, or in my groin area.
- The hair on my head feels like it’s getting thin.
- I have dark hair above my lip,
- No matter what I try, I have a hard time getting down to a normal weight.
- I have a relative with PCOS.
- I have diabetes.
- Diabetes runs in my family.