It can be normal to have a small amount of vaginal discharge because the vagina makes a fluid that naturally cleans itself. The fluid can change color and texture during your cycle but it should not have an unpleasant odor, be itchy or painful. On the other hand, if you are sexually active and not using condoms, this could be a sign of an STI or sexually transmitted infection. Some sexually transmitted infections don’t have any symptoms therefore if you are not using condoms 100% of the time to prevent STI’s, you should make an appointment with your health care provider to get checked and learn about safe sex.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs): General Information
- Vaginal Infections (Vaginitis)
- I have a smell coming from my vagina. What causes it and how do I get rid of it?
- I have a yellowish liquid that comes out of my vagina frequently, but it’s not painful. Is that ok?
- What is brown discharge?
- What is that sticky stuff coming out of my vagina?