It is common to have irregular periods the first year that you start your period, but that doesn’t explain your “extreme pelvic pain” which isn’t normal. You should definitely make an appointment with your health care provider as soon as possible to discuss your pain. Some reasons for pelvic pain can be caused from an infection in your pelvic area, appendicitis, severe constipation, endometriosis, etc. however, only a doctor can make a diagnosis.
- Quiz: Do I have Endometriosis?
- Endometriosis: Coping with Pain
- Menstrual Cramps
- Painful Periods (Dysmenorrhea)
- I’m 17 years old and I have painful periods. Is this normal or do I have any type of disease?
- I’ve been having cramps in my lower abdomen and I’ve been moody, but I haven’t started my period yet. Is this normal?