If your nipples point inward instead of out, you have “inverted nipples.” Between 10%-20% of all girls have inverted nipples on at least one breast. This is normal and will not affect your health in any way. If you have inverted nipples, it’s important to keep them clean to avoid getting an infection in the folds of skin around your nipple.
- Breast Health: General Information
- Breast Self-Exam and Cancer Risks
- I have a hair problem on my nipple area, what should I do to solve my problem?
- I’m 15 and I have milk coming out of my breasts. I’m not pregnant or nursing. What could be wrong?
- Are bumps on the nipple normal? Can they be removed in any way? What if they secrete a substance sometimes?