Pimples on your legs can be caused from a variety of things. For example: you could be reacting to a certain kind of material that your pants or jeans are made of, the detergent you use to wash your clothes, your brand of soap, moisturizers or sunblock that you may be using or from shaving. Sweating alone does not cause pimples but mixed with natural oils in the skin, dirt and bacteria, breakouts can result. You can try:
- Wearing looser fitting pants/jeans and breathable pants when working out
- Using a fragrance-free soap when bathing/showering
- Using a fragrance-free and oil-free moisturizer and/or sunblock
- Showering after working up a sweat after exercise
- Using a shaving gel for sensitive-skin (if you shave your legs) along with a clean (not dull) razor.
If the pimples don’t get better after a few days , you should make an appointment with your medical provider or dermatologist (skin doctor). If the pimples are red or swollen or painful, it could be due to an infection called “ impetigo”.