Here are some smart tips that will help to improve your energy levels:
- Eat three nutritious meals a day and 2-3 healthy snacks in between: Food is your body’s fuel, so just like a car, you body needs good food to make it run efficiently!
- Start the day with breakfast: Be sure to eat protein with whole grains.
- Bring a health lunch/snacks to school/work: Use a portable cold pack and bring a yogurt, string cheese, or meat (such as grilled chicken).
- Drink water: Have 8-10 glasses each day.
- Decrease stress: Learn ways to manage and avoid stress whenever possible. Talk to your health care provider about exercise, yoga, and meditation, and you can also write in a journal.
If your symptoms don’t lessen in 2 weeks or more, you should make an appointment with your health care provider to make sure you don’t have a medical reason for feeling tired.